Search Engine Optimization techniques and strategies are used to rank your website in Google search results. If you rank in the top 10 results for search queries, it will surely increase traffic to your website. You need to make some changes and optimizations to the content on the site; which is known as on-page SEO. You can also do off-page SEO. Building backlinks is the main thing of off-page Search Engine Optimization. Search engines consider backlinks to specify the quality of the link that possesses backlinks. So a site with many high-value backlinks of course will rank better than an otherwise equal site that has fewer backlinks.
There is another part of Search engine optimization which is known as Technical SEO. Technical SEO basically deals with your website. By solving different technical problems, you will make it easy for search engine spiders to crawl your page easily.
Search Engines usually consider three core metrics to measure the quality of a website. These are.
There are three main types of links, defined by how they were earned: natural links, manually built links, or self-created links.
- Natural links are editorially given without any action on the part of a page owner. For example, a travel blogger adding a link to a post that points toward their other travel post.
- Manually created connections are the product of intentional link-building activities. Having customers to connect to your website or asking influencers to share your content are examples of this.
- Adding a backlink in an online archive, forum, blog comment signature, or a press release with optimized anchor text are all examples of self-created links. Some self-created link-building strategies are considered black hat SEO by search engines, so proceed with caution.
Of course, that’s not all there is to Search Engine Optimization. In fact, there’s a list of search ranking factors.
Another important consideration is content,
Content is the king. Quality of the content and information amount given in the content is a major consideration for search engines. Posts that are ranked on Google’s first page have 1800+words on average and all the posts are highly qualitative and informative. Google wants to provide the best search results for its searchers. Search engines try to find out the relevancy of the content with the searcher’s query. That’s why SEO is done based on the keywords search engines users use to search their queries. All the contents should be updated also. There should be no keyword stuffing. Keywords should be given naturally.
3. Page structure:
The third metric that search engines consider is page structure. Web pages are usually written in HTML. The organization of HTML code has an impact on how a page is evaluated by the search engine. Use the keyword or its variation in the relevant portion of the page like title, URL, Header 1, and header 2 (known as H1 and H2 tags).
In a nutshell, Google wants to know your business is reliable and it considers signals
- External review from other websites that is backlinking
- Mention of your brand from reliable resource sites
- Sharing on social media
and more. These signals will help to rank your website.
To become a good search engine optimizer, you need to understand
- New trends in the SEO world (like voice search): When we type in the search bar we usually search a few keyword-focused sentences but when we do a voice search our search sentences appear more conversational. That’s why search engines are now more semantic.
- New algorithm changes like ‘Hummingbird’: Google has new updates for this like ‘Hummingbird’. This update focuses more on user experience than keywords. Earlier people used to stuff their articles with keywords but now this kind of keyword stuffing is not suggested.
- Advancement in technology like machine learning: Machine learning is related to the development of computer programs. Machine learning is actually an application of artificial intelligence that can improve from experience and not much exact programming is required.
- Nature of audience: Who are audiences, what they want, changes in their nature, how they behave are also major considerations.
SEO can not give you overnight results. To come to Google’s top pages will take a lot of time, strategy, and continuous research. There is no single strategy but from the above discussion, we can keep in mind which factors to consider. If we start doing SEO strategically it may eventually show results.