- On-page SEO:
On-page SEO is usually done on our content that is optimizing the content, making it user-friendly, using key phrases, even distribution of keyphrases, optimizing the image, inbound and outbound link creation, etc. Understanding the definition of On-page SEO will be more clearer when we will learn practical on-page SEO.
- Practical On-page SEO:
For a quick guideline, we can install a plug-in named Yoast SEO. It will help to do on-page SEO easier which would be difficult otherwise. So the steps are.
- go to your website dashboard
- Click plugin
- Click add new
- Search for Yoast SEO
- Install and activate Yoast SEO.
You will be redirected to a page. Now click “ click here”. If you are asked to verify your website email. You can verify and save changes. Now you will see a new section named SEO on your website. Now you can go to the SEO option from the dashboard.
- To index your website in Google/ Bing/ Yahoo: If you want to index your website in Google. Do the following
- Go to SEO from Dashboard and then select general
- To get your verification code click google search console
- It will redirect you to a page named webmaster central
- Select Alternative method
- Click HTML tag
- Copy the portion within the inverted comma
- Now paste the code to google verification code.
- Save changes.
From the feature option, you should check that the XML sitemap is on. Likewise, you can index your website in Bing/Yahoo.
- How to do SEO for your content/post: To do SEO for your content or post you can either edit your existing post and go below the post where lies the Yoast SEO section. In case of a new post, you can do it the same way. Our main purpose will be to convert the dark signal beside the word SEO into the green. So let’s start doing SEO. The steps are actually directed by the Yoast SEO.
- In the keyphrase, the section gives a word or two that reflects the content or are mostly used in the content.
- You can also see the google preview from the google preview section.
- Rearrange the SEO title to make the underlying line green which will indicate good SEO.
- Then give a meta description in such a way so that the underlying line remains green.
- Then go to the SEO analysis section and so as mentioned there that is solve the problems and do the improvements.
- It may ask you to give some outbound and inbound links. If you give the links, the problems will be solved. Here outbound link means a link from other websites. Give some reference links from other websites for some words of your website. Inbound link means a link from your website. Give some inbound links also.
After doing all these you will see that the signal beside the SEO analysis will become green.
From the above discussion, we can get a good idea about on-page SEO.